Practical QA/QC Considerations in Gamma Spectroscopy
Instructor: Terry Schwager
Date: Monday, July 17, 2023
Description: Users of analytical equipment understand that an extensive and consistent Quality Assurance (QA) program is integral to delivering defensible and valid results. With the advancements in electronic storage of the data, creating quality control charts and reports is the easy part. However, knowing what parameters to track, what types of QA tests to use and how to interpret the QA results is more difficult and is critical to having a good QA/QC program.
During this seminar, we will focus on quality assurance practices for gamma spectroscopy systems. We will present parameters that should be monitored in order to maintain a gamma spectroscopy system at peak performance over the equipment’s lifetime. Data from these parameters give early warnings as to possible problems with the system as well as information for troubleshooting the problems.
How You Will Benefit: The information presented is based on years of intensive cooperation between many users of electronic QA packages and consultancy work performed by Mirion to help customers successfully pass their audits and achieve accreditations for their counting laboratories. The goal is to provide advice as to how to create an accurate and balanced QA program which can alert the user to any situation that may cause the system to report erroneous results.
Seminar Topics: This one-day seminar will include the following topics:
- Overview of Quality Assurance Requirements
- Use of QA Files for Monitoring System Performance
- Frequency of Quality Control Measurements
- Recommended QA Parameter Definitions
- Using the Genie™ 2000 Quality Assurance Editor
- Performing Routine QA Counts
- Transferring QA Parameter Results to a QA File
- Reviewing QA File Results
- Additional Methods for Evaluating Data Quality
- Recommended Responses to QA Test Failures
- Implementing QA counts in basic Genie 2000 and Apex® Software
- Automation of QA counts in basic Genie 2000 and Apex Software