How to Evaluate Nuclide Identification of Peaks in Your Gamma Spectrum
Instructor: Cathey Sharp
Date: Monday, July 17, 2023
Description: Ever wonder why sometimes a nuclide is identified and other times they are not? Would you like to be able to review your report and spectrum and be able to evaluate the results with confidence? In this one-day seminar we will evaluate the nuclide identification of peaks by better understanding the decisions the software makes in the identification process. This knowledge will help you to recognize issues that impact the correctness of identification.
Examples will be used in the seminar to demonstrate the various evaluation steps and how the library set-up and Genie™ algorithms work together to provide nuclide identification and activity.
Course Content: This one-day seminar will include the following topics:
- Typical gamma Analysis Steps and how they impact the outcome of identification:
- Peak Location
- Peak Area (Checking peaks for proper integration and interferences)
- Choosing the correct Efficiency
- Using an appropriate library
- Nuclide Identification with Interference (Emphasis on this step)
- How to use reports during evaluation of nuclide identification
- How to modify outcome if needed