Setup and Troubleshooting Techniques to Ensure your HPGe Detector is Operating at “Peak” Performance – NEW!
Instructor: Tim Royals
Date: Tuesday, August 2, 2022
Description: This seminar provides a thorough discussion to evaluate the different types of germanium detectors available for various applications, the steps required to properly setup your HPGe detector for analytical counting, and suggested troubleshooting techniques to ensure peak performance of your detector system.
Who Should Attend: This seminar is intended for spectroscopists who are responsible for setting up, calibrating, and operating gamma spectroscopy systems. This seminar is relevant for both laboratory applications and in situ applications.
How You Will Benefit: Attendees will develop a competency for ensuring their system is operating properly, allowing for high quality gamma spectroscopy measurements. Attendees are encouraged to bring real world examples from their facility to promote discussions with the group.
- What types of HPGe detectors are available and benefits of each:
- LEGe™ Low Energy Detectors
- SEGe™ Standard Electrode Coaxial Detectors
- BEGe™ Broad Energy Detectors
- SAGe™ SAGE Well Detectors
- How to setup the HPGe detector for your application
- Understanding signal chain information from detector spec sheets
- Parameters that can be adjusted and their effect on your system
- Troubleshooting your HPGe detector system:
- What can go wrong and how to identify the problem
- Troubleshooting techniques involved with identifying and correcting the problem
- Leakage current measurements
- Pole Zero adjustments
- Thermal cycles
- Verify system functionality
- Proper QA tracking